Friday, November 20, 2009
Etheringtons Solicitors 3.
18.11.09
Really awesome! People actually thought I was a solicitor!
Third day. As usual got into the office REALLY early. Saw Edward along the way, he looked impressed. Then crashed into Alex, who had no comment. Soon as I got into the office, Michael wasn't there, but Paul was. So, I had to unstack the dishwasher again, LOL. and then go on a coffee run! ^^
As I got back, I sat at the receptionist table. This was from 8:00 - 8:30. Before Michael walked in, with the receptionist of the day, Yvonne. ^^ She is SO cynical, it's funny. Both of them are 23. > <''
Anyways, I was told that I was to be alone in court and I had to take notes for the firm and for Michael to use. With that in mind, we caught a taxi to Supreme Court where he dropped me off, by myself.
At least I had 5 folders, so I looked like I was a solicitor....he was off to the Family Court. As I went into the court, the males were so nice, letting me on and off first. HA.
As soon as I reached court 10G where the case was held, The mayor, Michael, talked to me, so at least I didn't feel so lonely. Court started at 10.
I took notes. Lots of them too. Hmelnitsky was finishing his cross examination today. Being alone, on that solicitor's bar, behind the barrister's bar, made me realise how much effort you need. I had to concentrate on all the articles being tendered, then recorded them separately from my notes, then I had to record all the exhibits that were examined, all the while note taking from the barrister, Who amazing, talks so fast!
I swear, today I learnt so much. Tom and Roger were impressed. ^^, barristers impressed!
Anyways. He. didn't. come. back, after one hour. He. came. back. 3 hours later!
^^. I wrote so much that I finished a quarter of the pad he gave to me...all wells...XD
Court was adjourned at lunch. The judge looked So bored.
Lunch time was spent with Ariana, Vanessa, Sabrina, Ariel and Shirley were all waiting at the steps, where we had lunch. It was nice. Walked back with Ariel. She was next door. Amazing, her plaintiff thought I was her teacher...old indeed!
Anyways, afternoon flew past and before I knew it, I wanted to attend court the next day. Emotional attachment to our client. He is So nice.
Got to office and left at 5:12.
Really want to go to court tomorrow. Apparently I can.
I guess today was the day I matured a lot. According to Michael.
Thank God. I learnt so much!
about note taking, and about myself. XD
YES!
Really awesome! People actually thought I was a solicitor!
Third day. As usual got into the office REALLY early. Saw Edward along the way, he looked impressed. Then crashed into Alex, who had no comment. Soon as I got into the office, Michael wasn't there, but Paul was. So, I had to unstack the dishwasher again, LOL. and then go on a coffee run! ^^
As I got back, I sat at the receptionist table. This was from 8:00 - 8:30. Before Michael walked in, with the receptionist of the day, Yvonne. ^^ She is SO cynical, it's funny. Both of them are 23. > <''
Anyways, I was told that I was to be alone in court and I had to take notes for the firm and for Michael to use. With that in mind, we caught a taxi to Supreme Court where he dropped me off, by myself.
At least I had 5 folders, so I looked like I was a solicitor....he was off to the Family Court. As I went into the court, the males were so nice, letting me on and off first. HA.
As soon as I reached court 10G where the case was held, The mayor, Michael, talked to me, so at least I didn't feel so lonely. Court started at 10.
I took notes. Lots of them too. Hmelnitsky was finishing his cross examination today. Being alone, on that solicitor's bar, behind the barrister's bar, made me realise how much effort you need. I had to concentrate on all the articles being tendered, then recorded them separately from my notes, then I had to record all the exhibits that were examined, all the while note taking from the barrister, Who amazing, talks so fast!
I swear, today I learnt so much. Tom and Roger were impressed. ^^, barristers impressed!
Anyways. He. didn't. come. back, after one hour. He. came. back. 3 hours later!
^^. I wrote so much that I finished a quarter of the pad he gave to me...all wells...XD
Court was adjourned at lunch. The judge looked So bored.
Lunch time was spent with Ariana, Vanessa, Sabrina, Ariel and Shirley were all waiting at the steps, where we had lunch. It was nice. Walked back with Ariel. She was next door. Amazing, her plaintiff thought I was her teacher...old indeed!
Anyways, afternoon flew past and before I knew it, I wanted to attend court the next day. Emotional attachment to our client. He is So nice.
Got to office and left at 5:12.
Really want to go to court tomorrow. Apparently I can.
I guess today was the day I matured a lot. According to Michael.
Thank God. I learnt so much!
about note taking, and about myself. XD
YES!
daughter of the living God at 20.11.09
Read the whispers of my heart 0 =)
Read the whispers of my heart 0 =)